The province announced a new mask mandate for all indoor public spaces, regardless of vaccination status. This includes mass transit and taxis, but exempts restaurants if seated and fitness centres when actively engaged in physical activity.
- Masks will be mandatory in schools above grade 3.
- Daily health checks for kids.
- Daily cleaning protocols.
- “Continuing increased ventilation”, whatever that means, but it includes funding for HVAC improvements.
- Rapid response teams for outbreaks.
- Schools can have stricter limitations if they want.
- Mask mandate in indoor public spaces.
- Some non-essential services will require vaccination.
- On-campus housing will require vaccination.
Buried in this article, Dr. Henry said that colleges and universities have the option of requiring their faculty and staff (but oddly, not their students) to get vaccinated.
+641 cases, +0 deaths, +5,014 first doses, +9,659 second doses.
Currently 138 in hospital / 78 in ICU, 5,357 active cases, 153,967 have recovered.
|first doses||second doses|
|of all BCers||75.8%||68.3%|
We have 426,729 doses in fridges; we’ll use it up in 28.9 days at last week’s rate. We’ve given more doses than we’d received by 28 days ago.
We have 383,333 mRNA doses in fridges; we’ll use it up in 25.9 days at last week’s rate. We’ve given more mRNA doses than we’d received by 21 days ago.
96.1% of those who had gotten their first shot by 7 weeks ago have gotten their second shot.
93.0% of those who had gotten their first shot by 4 weeks ago have gotten their second shot.
90.1% of those who have ever gotten a first shot have gotten their second shot.
The (now Bi-) Weekly Data Summary has LOTS of charts in it. A sampling: