Confused about which vaccines somebody is talking about? I don’t blame you.
|Manufacturer||Research names (Amount)||Trade name||Variant|
|Pfizer||BNT162b2 (30 µg)||Comirnaty||Classic|
|Pfizer||BNT162b2 OMI (30 µg)||?||BA.1|
|Moderna||mRNA-1273 (100 µg)||Spikevax||Classic|
|Moderna||mRNA-1273.211 (50 µg)||?||Classic + Beta|
|Moderna||mRNA-1273.214 (50 µg)||?||Classic + BA.1|
|Moderna||mRNA-1273.222 (50 µg)||?||Classic + BA.5|
|AstraZeneca||AZD1222 / ChAdOx1||Vaxzevria||Classic|
|Johnson&Johnson||JNJ-78436735 / Ad26.COV2.S / VAC31518 / Ad26COVS1||Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine||Classic|
|Novavax||NVX-CoV2373 (5 µg regular + 50 µg adjuvant, 5 µg booster [active ingredient or total?])||Nuvaxovid||Classic|
|Serum Institute of India||NVX-CoV2373||Covovax||Classic|
|Clover||SCB-2019||not yet||I’m not sure|
|Serum Institute of India||AZD1222 / ChAdOx1||Covishield||Classic|
|Vietnam||NDV-HXP-S / HexaPro||Covivac||Classic|
|Avimex (Mexico)||NDV-HXP-S / HexaPro||Patria||Classic|
|Butantan Institute (Brazil)||NDV-HXP-S / HexaPro||Butanvax||Classic|
|Government Pharmaceutical Organization (Thailand)||NDV-HXP-S / HexaPro||?||Classic|
|Sanofi/GSK||dTM-AS03 / VAT08||Vidprevtyn||Classic|
|SK Bioscience/University of Washington||GBP510||SKYCovione||Classic|
|Shionogi (protein subunit)||S-268019|
Note: the company that developed the vaccine is not always the same as the one which manufactures it.
- Comirnaty is manufactured by Pfizer under license from BioNTech.
- Covishield is manufactured by SII under license from AstraZeneca.
- Covovax is manufactured by SII under license from Novavax.
- Corbevax is manufactured by Biological E under (free) license from Texas Children’s Hospital.
- The NDV-HXP-S vaccines are made under (free) license from the University of Texas at Austin (which developed the 6-proline stabilization) and the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (which did everything else).
- Novavax has their own manufacturing and also licensed the vax to Serum Institute of India. They had had problems with manufacturing, so I think that as of Feb 2022, most (all?) of the Novavax that is sold is from SII.
- GEMCOVAC-19’s situation is messy. A Seattle company named HDT Bio licensed its self-amplifying technology to Gennova; Gennova was going to manufacture it worldwide and had exclusive rights to the Indian market, but HDT Bio has sued, saying that Gennova filed patent claims on HDT Bio’s technology.